Thursday, January 13, 2011

dear snow

Dear Snow,
You make for fun days and gorgeous sunrises. But with you comes ice and lots of ice. Static and more static.
You've overstayed your welcome. 4 days of 6 inches is enough. Finally the roads are clear, making me less anxious on the roads. But please snow, please go.

Sincerely,
I've had enough of you, snow.
 It snowed in Alabama, didn't you know? 
You would think the world stop; well at least Alabama stopped. 6inches in Cullman, in parts of the county that is, meant no school for a week. Up north you have a slew of snow plows, in Cullman, AL not so much.


It started on Monday morning, we woke up to this. Pretty, huh? 

 Well this caused me to work 2 days from home while the parent's got to play in the snow. Does anyone else see anything wrong with that picture? The fruits of their labor, a nice huge snowman. Dad had to have an UA hat on him, well it was national championship game day and this little Auburn girl made sure Auburn got represented during my lunch break.
By Wednesday, I needed to go to work, simply needed to get out of the house. I was going stir crazy. I-65 was fine spots of ice here and there. However, Hwy 157 looked like and was a slight disaster. See...


I survived that drive, my first real ice on the roads snowy drive. I guess I am a big girl now. But here it is Thursday night and guess what, we still have snow. I don't mind the snow as long as the roads are clear, I am a happy girl. So here's to the snow that lingered and dragged on. You were fun for a while, but I am ready to be ice and static free.

No comments:

Post a Comment