Saturday, January 8, 2011

Check!

Just a few wedding related to-do's
1. Book Cake Baker
2. Pick out Tuxedos
3. Book Honeymoon
4. Finalize Time of Wedding
5. Schedule follow up florist appointment

Well everyone... you can scratch/check those off my list after a very successful Saturday of wedding planning!

It has been a long day! Mom and I were at Zach's by 8am to grab him and have his family follow us to Athens to meet with Lynn of Lynn's Cakes. First, a note to the wise- eat beakfast prior to going to taste cakes. I am a sweet lover- ask my coworkers, but cake at 9am was pushing it by my standards. After flipping through tons of books, Zach and his mom found his and we made the final decisions on both cakes. Wedding cakes- done.

Then, it was off to Nathan's in Decatur to pick out tuxes. We used Nathan's since it was where we found my dress. After picking out tuxes, I have been reminded that Zach is a much quicker decision maker than I. While there we went ahead with getting Zach, his brothers and dad's measurements and tuxes booked. Tuxes- check.

As Zach's parents and kids went to go to a ballgame, Zach, Mom and I headed to a childhood favorite restaurant...Alfonzo's! Three half lasagnas please. Delicious. If you've never had Alfonzo's, well then 1. we need to have a sit down talk and 2. we need to plan a trip.Alfonzo's was always a place that my family would go to with Lindsay's family when we were little.

Finally, it was home. After all that work, a much needed nap was due. And then, the most exciting part of the day-- the Honeymoon was booked!! I have been asking Zach a lot as to when he was going to take care of this. See what works for us is that I am the list maker, the worrier and Zach well he is the laid back, mellow one. It works quite nicely. We had decided previously where we wanted to go and bam- he made the plans! Another item bites the dust! Wanna know where we will be going? We will be spending 6 nights at the Sandal's Grande Rivera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica! Guess who will finally be traveling outside of the Southeast US in just 4 months!

So there you have it- a fun, busy and successful day of wedding planning.


with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment