Thursday, January 6, 2011

confession.

I have a confession.

I listen to Katy Perry daily. That's right daily. 

First you should understand the basics of this:  I spend on minimum 2 hours a day driving in my car to and from work, minimum. Katy Perry is a popular artist and her music plays frequently. I am not going to lie, I like 90% of her songs. Some I would agree with most are vulger and likely inapropriate for younger audiences, however, her lyrics are simple, catchy and yet so clever.

To make my point, from Firework:
"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again"
I mean seriously, a plastic bag drifting through the wind. I once had to write a paper in college examining the symbolism of the lyrics of a song, too bad Katy wasn't popular then because the paper would have been a breeze.

Not to mention she is one of the few people that you can see where something absolutely ridiculous and still look pretty.  Anyway, so yes, I am a Katy Perry fan. I confess.

While I am on a song listening rant; Natasha Bedingfield's "Strip Me" can always put me in a good, ready for the day mood in the morning. Haven't heard this one yet, well watch below :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Haha I watched "Making of... Fireworks" on tv the other day!
    Cool song (Strip Me), just perfect for a good morning song like you said. Thanks for sharing and confessing haha ;)

    ReplyDelete