Wednesday, August 10, 2011

what a pickle


A few weekends ago, Zach and I traveled home to Alabama to visit with our families. On Saturday we went to my parent's house, where the garden of vegetables is overflowing. As we were leaving to make the long 2 mile trek to Zach's parent's house Mom told us to take Zach's family some cucumbers. Somehow this led to a discussion on cucumbers, on how neither Zach nor I like them. Mom then asked Zach- "Do you like Pickles?" Zach look a little confused and said no. Needless to say Zach learned on that day that Pickles are made from Cucumbers. 

I have to admit, mom and I got quite the laugh over this one. His innocence about it all was precious. Once again, my husband had me laughing. 

So the lesson for the day is pickles are just a fancy cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment